Tuesday, April 5, 2011

P.A.D. #4: A Place Called Nowhere

I am the queen of no destination relationships

Lingering long after good byes should be spoken

Logic does not dictate my course of action

I am a crash course of follies

The princess of impracticality

Skipping pebbles like possibilities

and random lovers.


If the moment feels right

I am along for the ride

Until metal crunches into burning corpses

I weep in the ashes

Already knowing the atrocity that awaits

My inability to be alone.


Foolish to be such a smart girl.

Grown woman with the need

to spontaneously combust her heart

into crimson confetti.

Repeatedly picking up the pieces like record scratches.

Text book definition of insanity.


One day I will honor myself

with more than this martyrdom.

Stop sacrificing in the moment

with no long term reward.

Love responsibly instead of recklessly.

Treat my heart as blue chip stock

investment.

Allowing no money changers in my temple

Unless your portfolio has proven you

worthy beyond all reproof.

No comments: