Monday, April 5, 2010

Naprowrimo prompt #5: Jazzy Belle

You are the only woman I have implored
for mercy.
Attempted to gain your affection
through subservience.
Ingenious, petulant Goddess.
Mocking me with your silence.
Kept me up beyond midnight
Chanting abstract words as a summons.
It delights you to abandon me.
My despair whets your feral appetite.
Licking artful fingers with a malicious grin.
This is our sadistic flirtation.

You thankless whore.
Unfaithful in your musings.
Requiring my blood and guts decor your alter.
Idolatry is your intoxicant.
Sip my worship slowly so that it slides
smoothly down your honeyed throat.
Tasting the arcane lies twined in your kiss.
I am impotent against your searing truths.

It pleases you to bruise my ego
& batter my confidence.
I love you despite this torment.
If only to gain your favor
When I write something worthy.

I wait on you, wanton lover.
Return to my bed and these sheets
will burn as the witches of old.
Desires as ancient as Sanskrit
slashed down your back.
Your breathe a Celtic mist
in my ears.
A symphony of one million crickets
against the snare of our hearts.
My tongue circling every cleft.
Until the notes shatter moonlight
and candle wax on parchment.
I thirst for you as the last
tear that falls from your mystic eyes.

Sun rise will find me alone
Consumed after our communion
Thoughts genuflecting at your memory.
The sheets disarrayed carelessly
As my heart in your palms.
You will leave a fire in my belly
& a twitching in my fingers.
I will write you another poem
Always waiting for your return.


Poetry.

3 comments:

J D Mackenzie said...

Legacy -
this touched me and also reminded me of some similar reflections on poetry that this prompt inspired. I'll keep and re-read, this is outstanding.
JDM

flaubert said...

Legacy,
This is an amazing poem you have written here.
Pamela

Wayne Pitchko said...

wow...this indeea real Legacy...beautiful and thanks for sharin your words