Monday, April 19, 2010

PAD #19: Back Again (Ocean)

I.

Here we are again,
hurting.
So broken and fighting tides
of bitterness.
Swallowing the axis of our hearts
and colliding in our souls.
A musical tempest.
Harmonies destroyed in the
downward pull.

II.

I fled into your ocean.
Hoping to be swept away from the shores.
Discovering you have been drifting too.
Shattered on the unkind rocks
as the seagulls pick at your ribcage.
The marrow in my lovely bones are chilled.
I needed the warmth of your flesh
to remind me I am still alive.

III.

You are virtuoso at mastering my pain.
Blending the vibrato of our heartbreaks.
Creating resonance from the dissonant beats
and break them into arias in my belly.
Chanting your name in ascending octaves
until I am breathless.
You scaling every arch of my body
Tuning me to your curvature.
Your staff striking my deep chords
My soprano shreds the darkness.
Encore, please.

IV.

The chaotic waves,
dwindle to soft currents.
We become reflective pools
mirroring vulnerability.
So beautiful.
Hearts just like the ocean.
Vast as the hurts we harbor.
Stranded together.
Awaiting the tide
to drown us once more.

No comments: